Slow down, lie down / Remember it’s just you and me / Don’t sell out, bow out / Remember how this used to be
I just want you closer, is that alright? / Baby, let’s get closer tonight
Grant my last request and just let me hold you / Don’t shrug your shoulders / Lay down beside me / Sure I can accept that we’re going nowhere / But one last time let’s go there / Lay down beside me
Oh, I’ve found that I’m bound to wander that one way road / And I realized all about your lies / But I’m no wiser than the fool that I was before
Our Lady of Caysasay Church and Basilica de San Martin de Tours (Taal, Batangas)
Hot Air Balloon Festival 2014 (From Pat Moran)
Chasing Adventure Birthday Giveaway!
Don’t forget my birthday blowout for all of you, guys! :)
Hello wanderers! My blog and I will both be turning a year old next month! I am turning the ripe age of 25 while my blog will turn 5. In commemorate, I will be giving you guys, yes you, the readers of Chasing Adventure, a blog blowout. This is my first ever blog giveaway and my small way of giving back to the universe all the blessings that has come my way for the past 24 years!
This giveaway shall run from April 5, 2014 until May 30, 2014 and is only open to Philippine residents, exclusive for my blog readers.
My birthday treats are:
- Free Domain of your choice for your blog with 1 year subscription
- Any book of your choice (brand new and in trade paperback)
- Starbucks GC worth of 300php
- You must be following my blog, Chasing Adventure
- Your Ask must be open
- If winners fail to respond within 2 days, I’ll pick another winner
- You must be willing to provide your shipping address
- You must create a blog entry about my giveaway once you win any of the prizes
- Your blog must be a non-reblog blog, can be personal/photoblog or else your entries may lead to disqualification
To gain more points:
- Follow @chasingrv on Instagram
- Follow RV BP Photography on Tumblr
- Like RV Badilla Panambo, a photography Facebook page
- Reblog this Tumblr entry daily
- Tweet about this giveaway
The more points you earn from Rafflecopter, the higher chances of winning! 3 winners will be chosen at the end of the giveaway. This giveaway is personally monitored by me through Rafflecopter.
Cheers and let’s celebrate!
I have been bawling my eyes out for the past 24 hours. I tried to compose a review about the Finale last night but I failed. Topping the reasons are first, I was still not sure about how I felt about it, and second, I didn’t want to write a review purely based on emotions.
Okay, before you continue reading, this will contain all sorts of spoilers. If you haven’t watched it, stop.
So I present to you my thoughts on the Finale.
First off, I have to tell you that this review is flawed because I had accidentally read a spoiler an hour before I actually watched the last episode. Damn, you can just imagine the frustration I’ve been through… finding out Ted was going to end up with Robin? Fuck.
But I kept my cool and gave the episode a benefit of the doubt. And so I watched.
Four times. During the finale, I only teared up four times. And when I say teared up, I mean cried like I’ve never had before. Which parts exactly?
1. Barney meeting Ellie, the new love of his life.
2. Robin leaving Lily standing alone in the apartment.
3. Ted finally meeting Tracy, the Mother.
4. Finding out Tracy died.
Of course I have to start with 3 and 4 because obviously, it’s the most important part of the Finale. Or should I say it should have been because the writers thought otherwise… but we’ll get to that. The meetup was exactly how I imagined it to be: sweet and innocent. It was the perfect mix of destiny and coincidence. I can’t explain in words how happy I was that Ted finally met The One. After all those years! I can only imagine how he felt. It was beautiful… a love story forming under the yellow umbrella. It was the ending most of us wanted and expected. To top that off, that simple wedding was so perfect I had to slap myself back to reality. The happily ever after for good ol’ Ted Evelyn Mosby.
And the writers gave it to us… in five minutes… before they decided to kill off the Mother.
A moment we fans have been waiting for for nine seasons. It was heartbreaking but it was bearable. Tracy dying had been a theory circulating for years and most of us fans had accepted it. Some even claimed it was inevitable, myself included so, yeah, I had been okay with that ending. What the Finale failed to give us though was a proper goodbye.
A goodbye we knew was coming. But then the writers decided to bring Robin back in the last five minutes of the show. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against Robin getting back with Ted. Robin was Ted’s first love and though I’d prefer they didn’t end up together, I would have been okay with it.
But I wasn’t okay with it because:
1. Penny and Luke were much too eager for Ted to go for Robin. I mean I get that it has been 6 years and all but wouldn’t it have been pretty hard for kids to let go of their Mom? Or that’s just me?
2. Ted should have had a proper goodbye to the Mother. One last “I love you but can I please move on now?” moment like what Tracy had with Max.
3. We deserved to bid Tracy farewell. A funeral or her last few moments where Ted mourned or something would have been nice.
4. Going through all that trouble for Robin and Barney to end up together and then ripping them apart. That was too much. Both characters matured because of the other. How could they have had done that? I mean I loved the part where the writers decide to make an Ellie but… yeah, we’ll get to that later.
5. The Yellow Umbrella will always out-power the Blue French Horn.
You see? Given points 2 and 3, they could have properly ended it. It would have been okay… perfect even!
Next we have the gang being torn apart. It was, again, inevitable since they all had their own families to worry about but it was also very heartbreaking. What killed me were the writers making it seem like Lily was the only one hurting. Robin leaving Lily like that… alone in the apartment they once loved… it broke my heart.
Lastly, we have Barney. I have always loved Barney. He was a jerk for most parts of the show but, hey, he changed when he fell in love with Robin. The writers gave us this idea that people can change for love… even if there had been lots of struggles and bumps along the way. And then they decided to kill that love. Of course I had to side with Barney on that divorce. Yes, Robin deserved to fulfill her life-long dream but why couldn’t she have sacrificed like Lily and Marshall had? It’s stupid to compare the two couples but I had learned to love SwarKles together and it just killed me to see their marriage breaking down and Barney going back to his old self.
What the writers were right to input though was Barney finally having a daughter to correct his ways. It was hauntingly beautiful the way he held on Ellie like that while claiming she was the love of his life. I always knew Barney had it in him. It was just so sad that he couldn’t have had shared that moment with Robin.
All in all, the Finale was okay. It did break a lot of hearts and made fans cry buckets of tears, disappointed some even… but it will always be the How I Met Your Mother sitcom we all learned to love.
Until the very end.
Ted, Barney, Robin, Marshall, and Lily will always be the gang we dream of having. Tracy, the Mother, will always hold a special place in our hearts.
So… thoughts on the HIMYM Finale?